Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Wind - Poem 2

An older poem which I wrote last year... Comments awaited..

===================================================================

The Wind

I started this journey on the sands of time,
barefoot...
alone...

Knowing yet ignorant of the obstacles going to be in my way...

As the journey went on the stones pierced through my skin deep and the salt cold water stung...

It was at that time I saw a shell,
a shell as pure as white, that produced a sound a sound so beautiful...
that the heavens swayed to its sound while the hell envied those who were listening to it...

As I blew the shell, a divine voice sang...

'I see you are in pain and yet alone... I will gift u a wind...

A wind when blown from behind pushes you forward to achieve success in your life...

A wind when blown from front pushes you back reminding you that you have never reached the zenith of success...
because there is no such thing as that..
for to succeed is in each step you take and for each breath you take.. for yourself and others around you...

A wind when blown from the side supports you through the journey taking with it all your pain and suffering...

Most of all, this wind is your special wind, bringing a smile to your face as it blows right through the eternity of time'

As the voice dimmed, I could see the wind...

Lo behold, it wasn't a wind, it was you my friend...

You, who were going to be the wind in my life pushing me ahead, daring me to dream and making me believe in them...

You, who were going to smile in every smile and yet hold the hand to protect my tears...

You, who were going to support me if I was right, and punish me if I was wrong..

You, who were going to be there at every walk of mine, at the beginning of every journey I began, and at the end at every walk I finished.

I started this journey on the sands of time...
barefoot...
alone...

but today I have you, my wind, and this journey doesnt seem so alone anymore...

2 Comments:

Blogger Da devil...Uma said...

I just saw ur blod recently...n i must say ur blank verse is quite striking; but thn again it seems like u made an effort to ensure u dnt write typical verse...
Nonetheless, the idea of personifying the wind sounds classy...:-)

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey madhavi... i came across ur blog through tejaswini's friends circle on orkut... i met tejas in canada.... tejas and i have the same supervising professor for grad studies... i loved ur poem... it really comes from the heart - there's great depth in it which makes it a really wonderful piece... keep it up, your talent will get u far!

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home