Saturday, March 11, 2006

Memories...

Second semester of second year is almost getting over and with that I am half done with my engineering studies.. and I am getting nostalgic thinking off all the fun I have had this semester and more so this year... the parties, the labs, the project, the exams, the birthdays everything.. 2nd yr was very interesting..with so many ups and downs..hopefully I made through it fine...

The more I think of the second semester, I ask my self one question.. What did I learn in these 8 months?

Its something to think about.. amidst all those hours and hours sent in the design centre for ECE 298, 241 and 243 projects.. the innumrable hours spent in bahen and GB labs with the server project.. early mornings in gb 341 labs with electronics and circuit labs.. and not to mention the hours spent (wasted ?) in class rooms.. what did I learn?

Those late nights in Kelly, those gruelling sessions in the old and new bahen study room, countless all nighters.. those depressing evenings in SF library tryin to fathom everything from Thevenin Laws to vector spaces, FSMs to Cache management, Fourier Transforms to BJTs.. and suddenly, everything seems so much harder, so much more messed up..what is the point of this agony?

Those marks which just keep etting from bad to worse, TAs who are hard to understand, Profs who prefer to just talk to the board than to students, and classmates/groupmates who expect you to work more than ur potential.. what does this add up to?

In the end of this year, I ponder more on my decision to come here and do engineering! I guess a part of me felt that it wouldnt be so hard as what it was made to sound..but I guess I was wrong.. everything here was harder, academics, social life, spirtual life and life in general.. so why am I here?

Everytime this thought comes to me, I just look around and I see people, I see my friends going through the same pain, and as misery loves company, it breeds...slowly the misery doesn't seem like one.. working lte nights rather earlyday time to finsih the server.. trying to cram up calculus a few hrs before the finals.. and most of all..being there to give that hug when tears just cant stop from flowing.. thats where friends matter..

What did I learn in second year? I learnt what friendship is all about.. I learnt what it takes to be there for sum1 when they need them the most.. Just because they dont tell you that they care for u..or because they dont treat u the way they might treat sum1 else..doesnt mean that they dont care for u.. I learnt that from my friends..the true meaning of friendship..

Thanks u guys.. each one of you has made this year for me extrememly memorable.. made me realise how lucky I am to be in engineering.. Love u all !!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home