Friday, February 10, 2006

Seasons - Poem 1

I thought of posting a poem every month, either written by me or by any of my friends.

The first in the series, is the latest one I wrote , 'Seasons'. Got the idea from Gaurav who had suggested me to write something about the weather changes we had in toronto in one short week last month. Enjoy !

=====================================================================

Seasons

The bright, scortching glare of the lonely sun flashes into my eye,
forcing me to close it as the blinding light seems to seep through all pores..

Why must there be such agony in the light of the sun,
which provides food to many and joy to many more...
Why is there so much of pain in the light of the sun,
which used to bring the smile to my face...
Why does its loneliness spread through me like fire
burning away the good thoughts.....

The rustle of breeze pushes strands of my hair in the front,
relieving me from my misery of the heat..
As the grey clouds slowly drift to cover the sun...

The raindrops fall like tears onto the landscape,
washing everything with it,including my grief..
The flowers blossomed,
the trees smiled,
the lakes laughed and the birds sang...to welcome the coming of spring...

Are these raindrops crying along with me in misery
or are they shedding tears or sympathy?
Why is the wind acting like the support by
providing me comfort in the light of pain?
Why are the raindrops telling me that
I should shed my inhibitions and move ahead?
Why is the sun hiding behind the clouds,
the same sun who threatened to agonize my life?

The gentle wind slowly changes colour,
The blue becomes gray,
The green becomes white...
as water becomes ice...piercing through the skin as knives,
stabbing in all directions, causing suffering and grief..

Are these the punishment from the above for not making use of the wind?
Are these the warning from above for not realising the beauty of the rain?
Are these the message from above
telling me to realise the frangrance of the flowers
before they wilt?

Is this what it is all about?

Or is it the snow, the white snow,
whose beauty is hard to comprehend..
for its so pure that this evil eye full of envy fails to see,

Is the snow trying to teach me to look from a different eye
to appreciate the colour in white?
Is the snow trying to teach me to remember
that there is always a tommorow?
Is the snow telling me to wait and hope for something better...

The sun rises again, but this time not to burn good thoughts..
but to be the warmth of the fire,to wake us up from our sleep..
The sun rises again, but this time not to blind us,
but to blind our incapabilitiesto blind our fears
and to bring light into our darkened lives...

The sun rises again,
but this time not alone..
but with the rainbow,the rainbow...
of a new day..
of a new tommorow...
of a new journey...
of a new beginning...
===================================================================

2 Comments:

Blogger Amal said...

thank you

please keep writing, its wonderful

4:34 PM  
Blogger binish a said...

refreshing :)

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home